Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Dresses

I love making my girls new dresses for Christmas and Easter.  If you remember correctly I tested a pattern a bit ago and made this dress for my eldest.
When I made it I planned on it being a Christmas dress.  There was one slight problem I had with the dress though.  It was sleeveless.  So to make the same dress for my other two daughters I had to alter it a tad.  I already have a pattern that the sleeves are part of the bodice and not sewn in and I thought that would be perfect for this dress.  (You can see what I have made from that pattern here and here.)
So when I went to make this dress for my other two girls I printed of the bodice piece for both this pattern and the other pattern, than I lined up the same sizes and traced a sleeve into this pattern.  This is how my other girls dresses turned out.

 (getting a good pic of an almost 2 yr old is very difficult and she is into make odd faces)
I am so happy with how they turned out and I think they are soo cute with sleeves.  I hope you all have a great Christmas!

1 comment:

Rachel J said...

it's cute on all of them, but the two year old is just so precious in all those ruffles. Totally getting that for my future babies.