Wednesday, December 14, 2011

And the Stockings Were Hung...

I know I am late but my camera cord has been MIA...  I found it behind the couch underneath "the very hungry caterpillar."   But alas the caterpillar thankfully did not eat my camera cord so here I am. 

One of the things about my house that sometimes makes me sad is my lack of a fireplace/mantle.  Each Christmas I have tried something different with hanging my stockings and each year I am unhappy.  So this year I yet again have tried something different and this year I believe I am very happy with it.

It is a pretty simple and straight forward project.  What you need:
A large board (I would say mine is 6 inches tall and about 2 1/2 feet long.)
white and red paint
clothes pins
glue (I used wood glue)
red vinyl saying
drill with bit

I painted my board and applied my vinyl.  I painted my clothes pins and wood glued them to place.  Drilled a small hole in each top corner and threaded the wire through.  Actual active time working on this (not paint/glue dry time) was 1/2 hr tops.  But it was a day long project allowing stuff to dry.

If you have any questions let me know.

No comments: