Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dr Suess Baby Shower {onesies}

Ok here is my last Dr. Suess baby shower post.  So as I mentioned before at the shower I hung up Dr. Suess burp cloths and bibs on red and blue boa's for display and gift to baby.  I made the bibs and burp cloths using Robert Kauffmans Dr. Suess material.  I did one other thing with the material as well.  I made onesie's.  But I left them in the dryer at home so they didn't get put on display.  Lucky for you that means I got pictures of them here at home.  So here they are. I made a 0-3, 3-6, 6-9 and 9-12 month size so they baby will have one to wear for the first year of her life:)
Up close now... Little Cindy Loo Who

 And The Cat in the Hat with the fish.
 Good ole Horton here.

 And the one that is my favorite is the One Fish Two Fish onesie.
 Of course I had to add a little girly flair to the onesies as well...

 So there they are.  I think they are pretty cute.

So let me do a quick overview of all the Dr. Suess baby shower post's quickly for your connivance.
First is the party favors.  Just so you know I ended up doing turquoise rock candy, white sixlets and red swedish fish then I put either a red or blue pixie stick on the outside.  I also put a little Dr. Suess sticker on each jar.
Second was the quote blocks that worked great for decor and game prizes.
Next was the advice book.
Then the Food label cards.
And lastly my sad party decorations post.
So there you go.  I hope you have enjoyed this half as much as I have.  Now to Valentines and my eldest monkeys 6th birthday.  Life never does slow down.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Way to go Liz!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I have loved all of the Dr. Suess baby shower posts!

EllenQ said...

I love the idea of using children's books as a theme for a baby shower - it elicits such great memories from all the guests. I did a Very Hungry Caterpillar theme (http://stitchesandsnps.blogspot.com/2009/10/better-late-than-never.html) for a friend of mine but I think next time I'll have to Dr. Seuss. Yours is soooo cute and creative.

Julie in Perth Western Australia said...

Oh The Places you'll Go is my all time favourite Dr Seuss book followed by The Lorax.

Megan said...

seriously one of the CUTEST ideas I've seen in a long time! love all the cute ideas you incorporated into this!

Unknown said...

super cute! I love the little ruffles! And the little box display is such a great centerpiece! great jobs!

hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

Jenny Reid said...

Great post! Where did you get the images to do all this?