Thursday, June 23, 2011

Paper Garland

So I have a new favorite Party Decoration.  Stacked paper garland.  It is so cute, fast and easy to make and really inexpensive.  I got the idea from Kojo Designs.  You can read her tutorial on it there too. I made it for the baby shower I did last week but trust me I will be using this idea over and over again. Here is how mine turned out.
I tied a balloon to the bottom because I didn't use card stock for all my pieces so they were kinda curling a little bit.  I think next time I will glue two pieces of my non card stock together so it has a front and back and a little more weight.
But over all I would say this project was perfectly imperfect.  And that is how I like to do things.  The solid card stock I used was 8X11 paper and the colored pattern paper was 12X12.  So I cut a variety of strips that were 12 inch long, 8 inches long and 11 inches long.  I cute them any where between 1-2 inches thick and I think the variety was just perfect.  I LOVED how they turned out.  I made 6 and hung them around the room.  All 6 took be between 30-45 min from start to finish.  How awesome is that. 
So they next party you throw and you need and cute, inexpensive and fast decoration these come HIGHLY recommended by me.
Enjoy!

No comments: