Thursday, October 7, 2010

Double Chocolate Zucchini CupCakes


I made these fabulous, delicious, and did I mention scrumptious cupcakes this week.  Of course the recipe comes from the amazing Bakerella.  But I had to dig to find it so I am trying to re-introduce it to the world.
So please make this cupcake and then go to bed dreaming about it as I did.  Here is the link to the recipe.
So I must admit that I didn't make it exactly as she did.  But most of that is due to the fact that I live in a small town and couldn't get some of the ingredients she called for. So here are the changes I made.
First I couldn't get that fancy shmancy chocolate she used.  Now don't get me wrong that doesn't mean I just picked up whatever chocolate I could get my hands on.  One of the biggest secrets that makes perfect sense that most of us don't want to believe is quality chocolate makes alllllll the difference.  So please buy quality chocolate when you really want it to taste good.
Secondly I couldn't figure out what type of goat cheese I was suppose to use and since I was at a small town grocery store at 10:00 at night there wasn't really any one to help me.  So I just made a cream cheese frosting.  Here is the recipe I used.
8oz cream cheese softened
2 Tblsp butter softened
1 tsp almond extract.
3 c powdered sugar
1Tblsp cream
Cream butter, cream cheese and almond together.  Add powder sugar and mix well.  All cream to desired consistency.



Yum, yum extra yum!!!

No comments: