Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ice Cream for Breakfast

Guess what.  Today is my birthday.  So to celebrate I decided we should have ice cream for breakfast.  Now before you think this is me confessing a naughty pleasure to celebrate I should clarify, this ice cream is healthy.  Super healthy and super yummy.  Healthy, yummy and easy to make.  I know you are thinking this is to good to be true but it's not.
So do you want a delicious healthy ice cream you can eat for breakfast and be the coolest mom on the block.  Well then here you go.
All you need is almond milk and frozen fruit.  The ratio I like is about 1:2. 
So I put in 1/2c of almond milk and 1 c of frozen fruit.  
Throw this into a food processor and blend it together.  C.heck it out and see if you want to alter the ratio at all.  Also give it a quick taste to see if you need to add some sweetener
With some fruits I have noticed I like to add 1/2tsp of agave, these would be blueberries and raspberries.
My favorite flavor thus far is strawberry banana.  1/2c strawberries and 1/2 banana. No sweetener needed.
I think next time I am going to try 1/2c peanut butter and 1/2c of chocolate chips. MMMmmmm
So there you go.  I hope you enjoy this healthy yummy treat.

1 comment:

Britt said...

So I've been thinking, is there something else I can do with tulle besides make a tutu? Perhaps a hair thing? Any ideas?