Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Where the Wilds Things Are Onesie

So I have another baby shower I am doing this week and I have been busy getting things ready.  But I had to take a break to show you this onesie.  We are doing a children's book themed shower and we are focusing on 4 main books.  One of which is Where The Wild Things Are.  I am making a onesie to go with each book and this one turned out super cute.  I knew I could make any of the wild things and even re-creating Max would be rather difficult so I simplified it and came up with this.
 Super cute and simple.
I just drew a crown onto the paper side of some fusible heat bond.  Ironed that onto some yellow fabric, cut the crown out, peeled the paper off, ironed it to the onesie and sewed around it. 
For the words I printed off the letters in the size and font I wanted, traced those letters onto freezer paper and used an x-acto knife to cut the letters out (Oh how I wish I had a silhouette.)  Then iron your freezer paper into place and I decided on a fabric paint marker to paint the words on.  I chose this so it wouldn't bleed as much, drys faster and I have a little more control.  I did get a little antsy though and took the center out of the "a" to early to it smudged a little.
But I think it turned out pretty darn cute.  Makes me wish I had a little boy.

Now one more piece of business...
My friend who blogs over at Mrs. Crafty Mama's  nominated me for a versatile blogger award.

With this award I am suppose to list 7 facts about myself and then nominate 7 blogger friends as well.  Well I am kinda a bum so I will list the 7 facts but I just don't know who I would nominate at the moment.  (It's called my brain ain't working because there are only 6 days in the month of May that something is not written on my calendar to do.)  If you want to be nominated consider it done:)
So here are 7 things about me...
1- I am the youngest of 6 children
2- I got married at 19 yrs old
3- I have a degree in Elementary Education
4- I have a super hard time being organized
5- For my birthday next month I would like a silhouette machine (hint hint hubby)
6- We just got a dog on a trial basis (it's a long story)
7- I love being a mom!

So there you go. 

1 comment:

Britt said...

Where do you come up with these cute ideas for baby showers?! Maybe I should get my sewing machine out of the dark and try stuff.