Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Apple Muffins

So I have been really craving muffins.  But I decided I wanted to make something different than my typical blueberry of coffee cake muffins.  So I made apple muffins and boy oh boy was that the right decision to make.  They were fabulous!  So I found this recipe from allrecipes.com and changed it up to make it out of this world yummy.

So here is what I did. I started off with 1 1/2c shredded apple and 1 1/2c diced apple (I used golden delicious).  Then I tossed them both with a little sugar and cinnamon.  Set that aside for a minute now.
 Now mix your dry ingredients together.
2 c flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
 1/2 tsp salt
 In a separate large bowl mix your wet ingredients together.
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c soft butter (margarine would work but you would compromise the yumminess of the muffin)
2 eggs
 Once you mixed that up add 1 heaping tsp of cinnamon and 1 1/4tsp vanilla.  (May I suggest if you own imitation vanilla throw it away immediately and go buy real vanilla.  It makes a world of difference.)
 Now throw in all your apple and mix.  Then throw in your dry ingredients and mix. I think next time I make these when I throw in my apples I will also throw in about 3/4c chopped pecans.
 Now spoon the batter into a well greased muffin pan.
 Now to add even more yumminess.  Make a strudel.
1tblsp melted butter
1/3 c brown sugar
1 tblsp flour
1/8+tsp cinnamon (I always go a little heavy on cinnamon)
(Next time I will increase the butter and add some oats to this as well I think)
 Now top off your muffins.
 Throw into a 375 degree oven and bake for 20 min.
Sorry I don't have a picture of a single muffin, I was to busy eating them and trying to get my kids to not eat too many of them.  But trust me, they are totally worth it!!!

No comments: