Thursday, January 6, 2011

Recipe Review {Tres Leches Cupcakes}

Today I am going to share a recipe with you found out in blog land.  It comes from one of my favorite food blogs around. Our Best Bites.  If you are not familiar with this blog then I suggest you become so, it is fabulous.  Well anyways I recently made these cupcakes from over there and lets just say YUMMY!!!  Here is what mine looked like.
I know they look a little messy but let me tell you why and how you can avoid the messiness.  When I was first learning to bake every time I made cupcakes they were flat and for some reason I wanted a nice round top.  It took me quite some time to get that round top.  now that I no longer want round tops I can't break the habit.  So make yours nice and flat.   But trust me they tasted ohh so good. 
I would suggest that if you have a cooling rack to place that over your sink, place the cupcakes on that and then pour your milk mix into them, it helps a lot with the mess.
One other thing, I used Mrs. Richardsons butterscotch caramel sauce instead of Hershey's when mixing it into the whipped cream.  It worked great and I think I am hooked and will be doing that every time I make hot chocolate from here on out.
Enjoy!

PS. I am currently planning 2 birthday parties and a baby shower so if I am a little crazy the next couple weeks forgive me.  But if I can keep my wits about me and remember to take good pictures there are lots of fun post coming up :)

No comments: