Monday, January 3, 2011

Part of their World

My children have been singing Little Mermaid a lot thing week which has put the songs in my head.  Then I started making up my own words which is always fun.  Anyways I thought I would share my silly song with you today.  So get the tune to Part of Their World from Little Mermaid stuck in your head and come sing along.
(here is a link to the music if you need the help.)

Look at this fabric, isn’t it neat
Wouldn’t you say my craft stuffs complete
Wouldn’t you say I’m a girl
A girl who has everything

Look at this felt, treasures unmade
And lots of paint that won’t fade
Looking around here you’d think
Sure, she’s got everything

I’ve got threads and bobbins a plenty
I’ve got needles and pins galore
You want ribbon
I’ve got 120
But who cares, no not I
I want more.

I wanna be where the silhouettes are
I wanna see, wanna see ‘em cutting
Down loading all those
Whaddya call ‘em? Oh shapes.

Using your scissors you don’t get very far
Silhouettes are required for glass etching.
Cutting along on that
What’s the word again? Vinyl
Up where the sketch
Up where they transfer, Up where they spend all day having fun
Crafting for cheap, wish I could be
Part of their world.

What could I sew
If I had a serger
But I can’t pay no not today
For that machine

Betcha I could take really good pictures
If I had a Nikon D90 camera
Bright beautiful pictures, great resolution
Ready to edit.

And ready to know what the craft stars know
Ask ‘em my questions and getting answers.
What’s  follower and why does it
What’s that phrase? Leave comments.

When’s it my turn?
Wouldn’t I love?
Love to craft with the stars up above
Out of money, wish I could be
Part of their world.

2 comments:

Tamarynn Leigh said...

That is AWESOME!!!! Loved it. Thanks so much for sharing it. Seriously, way too much fun!

Andrea said...

you are so funny.