Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Costumes

I just had to show of the Halloween costumes I made for the family.  My eldest monkey girls were witches.  I used simplicity pattern 3680. I wasn't really in the mood to work the eyelets the pattern called or though so I just used a ribbon and tied it around the waist then I made ribbon flowers and attached them to the hats.
My eldest monkey then decided that since she was a witch she was going to turn daddy into a frog.  I just used a green hoodie (ok I couldn't find a green one so I bought a white one and used simply spray and painted it green) and then I got a Styrofoam ball and cut it in half.  Then I painted eyeballs on it and then I pinned them to the hood.  Super easy and turned out really cute.
And lastly I thought the witches out to have a black cat so our baby monkey was a black cat.  And she made a cute one at that.  Originally I was just going to dress her in a black onesie and black pants but I couldn't find a black onesie for her, so I bought a toddler t-shirt and brought in the arm seems and side seems a bit and called it a black dress.  Unfortunately she spent her evening like a true kitty and slept the entire.


I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween.  Now it's time to get sewing for Christmas!!!

1 comment:

~Kimberly said...

How fun! The frog looks awesome! As do your witches and adorable little black cat! Great job!