Monday, August 23, 2010

Tutorial Review {Dry Erase Calendar}

Yes I am reviewing a tutorial.  Isn't that so exciting.  It has been a little while.  Luckily this one goes along with this month theme of being organized.  So without further ado here it is.
Isn't that cute!
The idea came from Somewhat Simple.  The same place I got the Happy Birthday Banner from.
Here is her finished project.

What I love about this is the versatility you can do with it.  You can make it say anything, you can have as many or as few sections as you want.  It would be easy enough to change if you wanted to as well.

So here are some tips.
1- You can buy your frame at a thrift store for cheap :)
2- Did you know that you can buy sample paint at home improvement stores for around $3.  It is a perfect size for crafting.
3- I painted the back side of the picture that was in the frame before.  I like the rustic look it had.  You could also use poster board.  I also debated blowing up a family photo and printing it in black and white, but I decided against that.
before
after (note- this is the back you know the ugly brown side)
4- I sewed some ribbon loops and glues them to the back to hold my dry erase markers.
4- I didn't want to put any hole in the pantry door to hang it up so I used this.
It works wonderfully.
5- Don't step on the glass and break it so you have to start over :)

Total Time: 2 1/2 hrs
Total Cost: $10 
I had my vinyl printed by a friend who has a little vinyl business.  She does an awesome job.  Here is a link to here site.


This was a fun, easy and inexpensive project that I loved making.  So go have fun and craft :)



No comments: