Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I really do not think I am a braggy person, but if there is one thing I can brag about it is my Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I found this yummy recipe all the way back in high school and over the many years I have adjusted and tweaked the recipe to the point that this recipe is unbeatable.  And just because I love you I made some to share.
 Well okay I admit I only made them because I was craving them and the weather has finally started cooling so I don't mind turning on the oven so much, but hey if you feel like driving to the middle of a small town for a cookie I will be happy to share. 

 So to warn you this recipe makes a lot of cookies, and I have tried to half it, it doesn't work.  But don't worry your neighbors will love a plate... if you husband doesn't eat all the dough first.

So here you go:
1 lb butter room temp
2 c white sugar
2 c brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
6 cups oatmeal
2 c red wheat flour
2 c white flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 bag of good quality semi sweet chocolate chips.

Cream butter and sugars together.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix.  Put oatmeal in blender until it is a flour. Add dry ingredients to butter/sugar cream.  Mix well. Add Chocolate Chips and mix.

Bake 375 for 8-10 min. 

Cookie baking tips:
-As with all cookies they should appear a little under done when you take them out of the oven.
-Also if they are coming out a bit flat refrigerate the dough for a bit.  If the butter is to warm to begin with the cookies will kinda melt, but if your butter if still kinda firm they will rise up good.
- The quality of chocolate chip you use really does make a big difference in how yummy your cookies will be.
- I started adding the whole wheat flour to try and add some more healthy grains to my life, but really it taste so much better.  The wheat flour gives it a very yummy nutty flavor.
- This recipe has killed a few hand mixers , if you have a kitchenaid or bosch use that with the cookie paddle.  If you don't have one mix the chocolate chips in by hand and really good muscles.


Enjoy!!! I was planning on eating that whole stack by myself, but as soon as I put my camera down my three children swooped in and prevented that.  I guess my hips thank them.

No comments: