Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lady Bug Cake

So this past week I have spent a lot of time working in the yard and soaking up beautiful snow (until it went and snowed on Sunday again.)  But it was glorious for a few days.  I even spotted some lady bugs while working in the yard which gave me full fledged spring fever.  And then it reminded me of this cake I made last year for my nieces birthday and I thought I would share it with you.
I thought it was a cute fun cake.  I just used the wilton ball cake pan, but only 1/2 of the pan and used the rest of the batter and made cup cakes/mini cupcakes.  I used a cupcake for the head and all the baby cupcakes are mini.  I did cheat and use pipe cleaners for the antenna.   And I put green food coloring in sugar and sprinkled it on the platter. 
So happy spring and may your weather not include snow!

1 comment: