Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bias Tape: Part 2

So now you have a nice long piece of unfolded bias tape from following this tutorial.  And I know what you are thinking.  There is no way you are going to measure fold and iron that thing freehand.  Am I right?  That was my thought process at least.  But when I went searching for a bias tape maker and couldn't find one in this small town, my aunt suggested the ironing board and pin trick.  The what I wondered?  So I searched it out.  I was amazed at how simple this trick was.  And it didn't cost me any money on any tools.
So here is the video that shows you this fun trick.
Pretty amazing if you ask me.  I do have a few helpful hints as well.  (Please don't judge the state of my ironing board, I really need to recover it.)
So if you look closely you will notice two purple marks where the needle enters and exits the ironing board.  I marked these with a fabric pen at one inch so I could get it in at the right places.  Also there is a blue mark in the middle of the needle.  I also marked that to help guide me as I threaded my bias tape through.
  
See here I have it threading through beautifully. The middle mark really was helpful to me.
So here is another beautifully finished bias tape.
Oh I love it so.  I am not sure I will ever buy bias tape again.
And one more sneak peak at this bias tape used.
Is it possible to swoon over bias tape?  If so I think I've done it.

No comments: